Bought some groupons to use at the Cova restaurant. Very excited ‘cos I love looking at the pastries and cakes the outlet has outside the supermarket. Both of us ordered the set dinner($69++).
Some warm breads to start the meal with.
olive oil to dip with.
For the starter, there is a choice of 2.
TORETTA DI SALMONE AVOCADO CON POMODORI, VERZE E CONDIMENTO ALL’AFARANCIO
Tower of salmon tartar and avocado mousse served with tomato concass on savoy cabbage and orange dressing
– The salmon looks cooked, not raw as I thought. The buttery taste of the avocado goes well with the oily fish, flow smoothly down.
ZUPPA DI CANNELLLINI CON ZUCCA CROCCANTE
Cannellini bean soup with crispy pumpkin
– It is a thick and beany soup.
The pasta dish
STRACCI DI PASTA FATTI IN CASA CON GAMBERI E POMODORINI
Homemade stracci served with prawns and cherry tomatoes
– Well done with fat and juicy prawns
For the main, there is a choice of 2 too.
BRANZINO AL FORNO CON POMODORI MARINATI INSALATINA DI FINOCCHI E ARANCE E SALSA ALLAFARANCIO
Oven baked wild seabass serverd with marinated tomato, fennel, orange wedge and orang butter sauce
– juicy and soft
FRACOSTA DI MANZO CON POLENTA E POMODORI IN CROSTA DI ERBE FINI
Grilled ribeye steak served with polenta, baked herbe crusted tomato and balsamic cream
For the dessert, there is choice of a single slice of premium cake (SELEZIONE DI DOLCI) or 4 mini pastries from the cake counter.
From the top: Mini Sacher (Rank no.2), Bigne Chantilly (Rank no.3), Mini Chocolate Pistachio Tart , Mini Chocolate Blackberry Tart
– Both chocolate taste similar except one one has a blackberry at the bottom. The cream in the bigne is light and fresh. The sacher is full of different texture of tastes.
– A refreshing and light cake with 3 layers of zesty lemon chiffon and cream, garnished with slices of candied lemon. Light and lemony taste.
and end with a cup of coffee or tea (CAFFE’ O TE’) from the selection of the following :
Cova Teas: Royal Breakfast, Earl Grey, Darjeeling, Ceylon Orange Pekoe, Afternoon Royal, Assam, Christmas Ginger Obsession, Imperial Scent ‘o’ Morocco
Other Premium Teas: Camomile, Jasmine, Lavender, Japanese Green Tea, Tiramisu, Paradise Kiss, Pomegranate Ruby, Sencha Prugna, Lecca Lecca
Had the Christmas tea.
Total bill : $162.45 – 4 pcs X $40 groupons => $2.45
Address : 290, Orchard Road, #01-20A Paragon Shopping Centre
Website : http://m.cova.com.sg/
Tel : (+65) 6733 0777